I suggest you ...

Color Scheme; nice to have this feature back on the 2013

Seems like the color scheme option has been removed for 2013; this is a nice feature and would be nice if this can be added back.

290 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MarcusMarcus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    ydnaRydnaR shared a merged idea: create a way for users to change the color of the background and text in 2013.  ·   · 
    LornaLorna shared a merged idea: OMG - 2013 IS AWFUL!  ·   · 
    Paula EvansPaula Evans shared a merged idea: Please give us a patch to fix the horrible color scheme in 2013 Accountant!!!  ·   · 
    Paula EvansPaula Evans shared a merged idea: Please give Accountant 2013 the color scheme option and ability to change the Icon Bar color  ·   · 
    DougDoug shared a merged idea: Add color schemes back to v13  ·   · 
    BTYBTY shared a merged idea: Please return the color scheme preference back to the 2013 version. The glaring white background is hard on the eyes.  ·   · 
    SteveSteve shared a merged idea: Why is the new product so dark? There should be an option to change the color scheme.  ·   · 

93 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cant stand the new interface... i wish i had never upgraded.. its not only the color.. but the placement and menu font is just not user friendly. I wont be upgrading to the next version unless some change is made.. its that bad.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It does have the option to change the overall color scheme but I would like to have the ability to set a unique color for each account that I monitor.

• RBRB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add back the ability to adjust the background color

• Steve KernsSteve Kerns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not that it hasn't been said enough, but I can't stand the color and look of enterprise solutions 2013. EXTREMELY hard on the eyes.

• Betsy PeralesBetsy Perales commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hate the black and gray background. Depressing. Yuck. Can't understand why Intuit thought they were doing anyone a favor by taking the option away from us to edit the color schemes.

• Kelley DeckerKelley Decker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your help menu is referencing how to change the color schemes in the preferences but there is no "color scheme" option!!
        Very frustrating that the instructions don't tell you that it is not there.

Please add back the ability to show ENTIRE checks in different accounts as different colors, not . just the edges of check. It would be a lot less confusing, less work. Thank you

Yes, I also like the ability to change the color of the checks. It helps keep accounts straight when balancing several checking accounts in one company.

Please return the color scheme option back! I am working with 3 different companies and really need to have them in different colors!

Being able to change the background on checks as well as the register is sorely missed. When dealing with multiple companies it really helped to make sure you were not posting or writing checks to the wrong company.
        Thank you

• Mike T.Mike T. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new color scheme stinks. We don't need Intuit to dictate what colors we have to look at. Let the user decide for himself. We are much better at choosing colors that are best for individual viewing.

• slipnslideslipnslide commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The 2013 interface is terrible.

The fonts are too large and requires too much scrolling and searching for data.

The Ship-To and Bill-To boxes are too small/narrow.

The Memo field at the bottom of the Invoice/SO is too small/narrow.

The scroll bar is too narrow.

The contrast, too much white background with light grey letters, is very hard on the eyes.

The Ribbon at the top of the Invoices/SO/PO's takes up too much space and reduces the number of visible rows/lines of data.
        To see more lines/rows of data, we now have to click on the Maximize/Minimize button in the upper right hand corner. This is very unproductive and wastes our time constantly maximizing/minimizing the open window.

The new User interface is slower to respond and navigate. It feels like I am working in molasses.

• ShrockieShrockie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The bi-chroma window design is terrible. It's very difficult to differentiate the windows from the backgound. Please release color schemes.

• aa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The red is terrible in both the register and calendar graph. It is orange more than red. PLEASE bring back dark red, which was not so hard on the eyes (and calibrate your monitors maybe?)!!!!!!

So, now I have to stare at a dark and depressing, not to mention not that easy to see screen all day. Really? I thought they were improving.... Why would you remove an option. I hope they change this soon!!!!!!!!!

i do NOT like the new color scheme. Way too much white- difficult to read. Please bring back the option for individual users to choose best color scheme for their own usage!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base

© 2009 Intuit, Inc. All rights reserved. Intuit and QuickBooks are registered trademarks of Intuit, Inc.
      Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.