Known Support Issues

This forum is for known issues with the QuickBooks product. Let us know what what issues you’d like fixed!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. US Support

Use US workers for support staff!!!!

221 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When Faulty Updates Cause Problems

When you put out an update that subsequently causes problems with Quickbooks, you should offer support to resolve the issue without charge.

Not doing so is both unethical and questions Intuit's Integrity

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Advanced Expert support when calling Pro Advisor tech support

When I call up tech support through Pro Advisor line or any line for that matter, the support person seems to take awhile going through what I call "dumb user" issues which is wasting my time. When I call about a tech issue it's one that needs to be answered by a more knowledgeable person. Most of my questions go to the supervisor. I'm calling because I've already tried to find answers elsewhere so we can skip the "dumb user" questions. Calling tech support is my last resort not my first!

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide the support you supposedly give

I called tech support and was put on hold for an HOUR, only to be cut off without ever talking to anyone. Like an idiot I actually called back and tried again, only to be on hold for another HOUR, cut off again and never talked to a real person. My phone battery actually died and I had to give up.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pay Bills Window should allow sorting by all column headers, and Invoice/Bill date should be added

In the Pay Bills Window, allow sorting by date the bill is created. Also, if there is a column to organize the data we should be able to sort by that column type.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mandatory passwords? Really?

Do you realize how crippling it is for a business that uses 3 separate company files to be forced to use a password to switch between the files 15 times a day? What is wrong with you people? I have customers that have up to 15 files. This needs to change, users need to be in control of their data security, not you.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. shipping manager reference number

Need more than one reference number fields in Quickbook FedEx/UPS Shipping Manager.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. QB2014-R3 -- OOPS! Payment Methods have now disappeared...please bring them back!

The customer payment screen now has five silly icons for the user to click on for Payment Method. The last icon marked "More" does not include ANY of the "Other" payment methods that exist in the company file. Instead, the "More" icon shows the standard Cash, Check, etc. payment methods again. The user can no longer choose from their own custom payment methods in QB2014-R3. Please bring back the drop down choice for selecting payment methods. Now, the custom reports we've been using for years, based on Payment Method, are rendered useless! Make this a Preference choice, so that advanced…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. w

QBES bank account permissions don't work! Serious breach!
    When a user is granted permission to only one bank account, they can go to Write Checks, choose an unauthorized bank account from the drop down menu, click Previous and see all check transactions! They can also click Find and look up all transactions for a payee in all bank accounts! As a Premier IRP, I can't sell QBES with these major faults.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. QB 2010 Feedback or bug report on-line

I have submitted a bug report earlier through the feature in Help/Send Feedback Online/etc., but now it does not work. A page comes up that thanks me for the feedback I was not allowed to submit, and gives the option to go to Better Because Of You or to Support on the Web. This is very cumbersome and irritating. Make it work again!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Duplicate Invoicing Due Date

When using the Duplicate Invoice feature in 2009 & 2010, the due date does not update itself with the current date. Therefore, Aging reports are incorrect.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Better W9 data input clarity.

With the number of W-9s we are processing is it possible to make fields that show up on W9s more easily identifiable to make sure 1099s are printed properly the first time. Fields for DBA etc would be great. Also a 1099 reporting address would be helpful as well now that we have to send 1099s to just about everyone - that way we know they go to corporate offices etc, not just local business location.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. IDENTITY VERIFICATION WORKSHEET... Change this to OPTIONAL on the Federal

The IRS CLEARLY STATES on their website (link below) that Drivers Licenses (nor other identification) ARE NOT required for federal filing. DO NOT make this a mandatory field for non-requiring states. Fix it or you will lose customers. Period.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/new-security-safeguards

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make Public Details of New Version Release Dates and Migration Period Upgrades

It would be REALLY nice if, instead of acting like a poker player, you guys were forthcoming about WHEN new releases are scheduled (Like Quickbooks Pro 2010) and what the terms and conditions of the Migration Period Upgrades are. Why do we have to guess or pry it out of you???

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add feature to delete or make unused clients, vendors, items, etc inactive.

Quickbooks should have a feature that allows me to condense our client, vendor, etc lists to delete or make unused clients, vendors, etc inactive. The employees who used QB here before made a lot of unused entries and the only way I have to delete or make them inactive is to go item by item, determine if they were used by running reports then I can delete or make them inactive. (Just like windows recognizes that desktop icons haven't been used and offers to delete them but keeps record that they existed)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Reorder point misleading

Give the user choice of selecting if they want the reorder qty to be based on the “on hand value” or on the “Available qty value”. Available qty takes into account the qty’s that you have promised on sales orders

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Known Support Issues

Feedback and Knowledge Base

© 2009 Intuit, Inc. All rights reserved. Intuit and QuickBooks are registered trademarks of Intuit, Inc.
Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.