Lacerte Tax Product Feedback

Use this forum to provide feedback for the Lacerte Tax program. We’re focused on improving two specific areas, so suggestions that answer these questions will be particularly helpful:

- Improve Productivity: How can we help you prepare returns faster?

- Grow Your Practice: How can we help you grow your practice?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow the printer to be selected in the print dialogue

Put a drop-down menu in the print dialogue where you can select which printer you want to print to (instead of requiring click-through to settings). ALSO if the printer that was selected is no longer available, default to the windows default printer.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Organizer: Many customers of mine have chosen to not use the organizer because it it too much. If simplified, the customer will use it.

1. With the W-2 and 1099 form. Simply list it only. I will always enter direct from the 1099-R source document or W-2.
    2. Give the ability to move the slip sheet to the top page of the organizer. If you mail out organizers, the mailing slip sheet is a few pages back in the organizer packet.
    3. Put the the mileage for schedule C & E page of the organizer. No separate page needed for auto. If not, let it print as the next page behind each Schedule E or C organizer page. Keep the schedule small and to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Section 1250 Gain is to be taxed at a MAXIMUM of 25%

I'm having a problem with the calculation of tax on Section 1250 Gain. According to tax law, it is supposed to be taxed at a maximum tax rate of 25%. In prior years, when this income fell into the 10-15% tax brackets, that was the rate charged for the tax. Above those rates, the tax brackets were 25% and higher anyway. Now, the tax brackets have been dropped to the point where there are two additional brackets less than 25% (22% and 24%). However, I have had several clients who are getting charged 25% for this Section 1250 Gain when…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Federal Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow K-1 pdf files to include entity name and not client ID number

I am using Lacerte for the first time this year (switched from Prosystem, bad idea) and on my large partnerships the individual client K-1 files that I print to pdf have the partner name and then the Lacerte client ID number, rather than the name of the entity. There should be a way to change whether we use the client ID or entity name because these pdfs all look terrible when emailed and it's more difficult for the recipients to know which entity they are for without opening them up. Renaming all manually on my 400+ partner returns is just…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Compare '18 actual numbers with '17 law

While the new "tax reform impact summary" comparing actual '17 and '18 numbers is nice, it's not terribly helpful. We'd like to show clients what tax reform did for or against them by using only '18 figures and comparing the '18 results with what the results would have been using '17 law. (You did this in reverse in the '17 program, in which you compared '17 actual with '17 using '18 law. That was among the greatest innovations you've ever made.)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Clients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. allow the tax organizer to be sent to the spouse instead of taxpayer

Without using "intuit link" the only way to send an e- organizer to the spouse is to copy the file, delete the taxpayer email, and send to spouse. Now the client # is wrong for 2018 and the taxpayer email needs to be re-added back into the new copied file. Also, clients who try to reply to the e-organizer email aren't notified that its a do not reply email and their tax preparer will not get the reply.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SMLLC POWER OF ATTORNEY Individual Program

Please allow the Lacerte 2018 Individual program to prepare a separate Federal and California (and other states?) Power of Attorney for a SMLLC reported on an Individual Return.

DISCUSSION / OPTIONAL READING: Growing in my practice are the number of Single Member LLC's filed as a Schedules C, E, or F on an individual tax return. I prepare Powers of Attorney for all individual and entities in my practice including the SMLLCs. Lacerte simply has no ability to prepare a Federal nor California POA for a SMLLC reported on an Individual return.. - Yes the Federal POA allows entry of…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Federal Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Proforma Screen or Notes for Next Year Screen

Have an input screen for locked client files that wouldn't alter the tax return/client info that has been filed, but would change once proforma'd into the next tax year. For example, this can be used for new information such as address change/contact info/ marriage/ dependent ect. that is given to us for the next tax year. Instead of copying the locked file (which can lead to human errors when proforma-ing) just have a screen within the locked file for next year that wouldn't alter or effect the tax return until its proforma'd into next year's lacerte.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. intro email for LINK suggesting photos are faster than scanning

Allow edit of main email for repeat clients. Eliminate/revise your suggestion that photos are faster than scanning - photos are a nuisance, clients do not take clear photos, can't print or read them, inefficient to assemble multiple page form 1099b from many jpegs or conversion to PDF

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Print basis limitation worksheets from K-1's with preparer review copy without having to print all of other worksheets.

This would expedite the process of reconciling the partners' adjusted bases on the K-1's with Lacerte.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Input Detail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. TRIAL BALANCE POSTING DOES NOT HAVE OFFICER COMPENSATION SECTION THAT ALLOW SCREEN 20.2(C CORP. MODULE)

SMART MAP FEATURE DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO GO TO SCREEN 20.2 FOR OFFICER COMPENSATION

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provide option to send an efile acceptance letter automatically

Provide a checkbox somewhere that would activate an efile acceptance letter to be emailed to the client once the efile is successfull. Currently you can only send it manually once the efile is completed

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  E-File  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. make page 1 and page 2 of form 1040 separte links on the seft of the forms tab, similar to scheudle E page 1 and 2

In 2018 page 1 of the 1040 has no numbers, If would be handy to be able to click directly to page 2 of the 1040 in the forms screen rather than click on the 1040 link, then having to click to the next page

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Create a bridge from QBO

Create a link/bridge from QBO to Lacerte

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add an integrated CRM feature

We need an integrated CRM feature to service our clients with appointment reminders, quarterly tax event reminders, etc. We currently use outside software that does not interface well even though it is supposed to. Takes lots of time to correct and double enter client info in Office tools and Lacerte.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. More export data points

I have found the export feature within Lacerte to be quite useful. Would it be possible to expand the number of exportable data points in fiduciary returns (i.e. Form 5227)? For example, the balance sheet, trust accounting income, year end FMV, etc. Having more exportable data points would great increase the efficiency of reviewing/checking tax returns. Thank you!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Single Sign In/Consolidated Login Option

Constantly signing in is a huge waste of productivity, especially when we have to switch between multiple years. Offer a single sign-on option that creates an active session for any Lacerte year that requires a login.

e.g. user opens 2017 Lacerte, logs in, and can open 2016 Lacerte without an additional login. Also, activity in either year maintains the connection, so you can switch back to 2017 without being prompted to login again.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Pop Up Note when you open return

Drake and UltraTax both have a pop-up note that proformas with the return. So, when I open up the return, I get the note that I left for myself last season.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Field matching between data entry and forms

Please match character input space to form field space. This wastes lots of input time and necessitates extra proofreading. For example you can input Administrative Assistant but it gets truncated to Administrative *** on the 2nd page of 1040 form. Not ok to send to client!
    Names, foreign addresses, occupations, etc. are all a problem but there are many others I am not listing.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 308 309
  • Don't see your idea?

Lacerte Tax Product Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base

© 2009 Intuit, Inc. All rights reserved. Intuit and QuickBooks are registered trademarks of Intuit, Inc.
Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.