ProSeries Tax Product Suggestions

Use this forum to provide enhancement suggestions for the ProSeries Tax program. Vote for an existing suggestion or enter a new suggestion.

ProSeries is committed to continuously improving our products. Our product management team will review these suggestions and make assessments based on customer needs and our product strategy. Suggestions that will be implemented will be posted on this forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like to see 2 year comparison schedules in ALL state returns. My clients really like those.

Currently federal has this option, and NYS does, but not all states do. Lets make this consistent for the clients!

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  State forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. automatically attach a PDF of nonresident state returns to other state so I do not need to print the PDF.

To get credit for Tax paid to another state, most states require that you attach a PDF copy of the Non Resident return for electronic filing. Why does the software not do this automatically and why do I need to print other state to PDF, attach it and then be ready to e-file. I imagine there is an easier way...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  State forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Streamline Auto-Debit of NJ Estimated Tax Payments

Similar to the federal program whereby estimates can be autodebited via checking the boxes on the estimated tax worksheet, allow the program to pay the NJ estimated tax payments for corporations, estates, trusts (and hopefully soon individuals) with only having to check the boxes as opposed to having to e-file one estimate at a time and obtain e-file acknolwedgement of that first estimate before being able to go back into the program to e-file the subsequent estimate which is quite cumbersome. Thank you very much.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. SC1040 basic needs and improvements

I-335 B - Please carry over the info from Form I-335 B. It gets old typing that info in every year. And it is repeating information.

SC TC44 - Please add Schedule SC TC44. It is used on a semi-regular basis. Even if it is just a fill-in type form. It would be helpful. There is a line item on SC1040TC it can link to. Line 3.
    It could pull AGI from the federal return.

SC TC60 - Please add Schedule SC TC60. It isn't used often but is an easy form to have, could just be a fill-in form,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  State forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Minnesota Schedule KPINC a Multi-copy Form

Make Minnesota Schedule KPINC a multi-copy form. Currently there can only be one copy however there are multiple K-1's from different Entity's and each one should have their own copy of the Schedule KPINC.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. ADD NJ-1065, LINES 15a THRU 15g ADJUSTMENTS TO THE NJK-1 PART III SMARTWORKSHEET.

THE NJK-1s FOR NON-RESIDENT IS CALCULATING NJ TAX DUE BASED ON FEDERAL NET RENTAL INCOME VERSUS NJ NET RENTAL INCOME. PROBLEM IS THAT A NJ NON-RESIDENT WILL NOT GET BENEFIT OF DEPRECIATION TIMING DIFFERENCES.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Indiana State Tax Return Zip Code with PO Box is cut off.

The worksheet shows a dash and all the zip code and po box numbers. The actual IT-20s that I file does not show the dash and cuts off the po box number by 1 number. Go to print preview and the form cuts off the zip code po box number by 1 number.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. need n-15 and n-30 state of hawaii tax form

where is state of Hawaii n-15 and n-30

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The Delaware Itemized Deductions are NOT calculating correctly. Pleae fix this problem ASAP. We prepare A LOT of DE returns.

The Delaware Itemized Deductions are NOT calculating correctly. Pleae fix this problem ASAP. We prepare A LOT of DE returns. This is causing a huge headache. Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add NH 1041 to package next year

add NH 1041 to package next year

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. NYS SHOULD AUTOMATICALLY CALULATE THE UNION DUES ADJUSMENT FOR NYS IT-196 LINE 44 AS ALL THE INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE ON THE FEDERAL SCH A

CALCULATE THE UNION DUES ADJUSTMENT AS ALL THE INFO IS AVAILABLE FROM THE FEDERAL SCH A BOX FOR NON CONFORMING STATES

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. calculation error with ohio individual canton city tax return

ohio individual canton city tax return has a calculation error. system miscalculates line 18 "total of this payment" when taxpayer paying 2018 tax balance due and 1st quarter 2019 estimated tax payment (which is 1/4 of 2019 estimated canton city tax liability)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Alabama form printing for Professionals, not just an 8453 INSULTING!

As a Professional I find it offensive that we are blocked from printing any AL forms except an 8453. The AL Individual e-file coordinator says it is Proseries, not AL doing this. Asinine to think I would sit down with 100 or so clients to preview on a screen then have to have them come back again to get their return copies. I don't have time for that! No professional does. AND ANSWER THIS: why does other software like H & R Block allow printing on 2-14 but we have to wait until 2-21 or after? Proseries has really done…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Call AL Individual MeF Coordinator and ALLOW ALABAMA PRINTING

Call Tavares D. Mathews, AL MeF Coordinator 334-353-9497. He says it is Proseries who is blocking all AL printing until all forms are approved, not AL. Basic forms have been approved already. I cannot file the simplest AL return because I cannot print anything including the e-file permission form. Clients are angry that their children's returns cannot be e-filed. I am losing business because of this! CHANGE YOUR PRINTING OPTION NOW!!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. AL printing is completely blocked not allowing e-file ready forms to be printed or e-filed

AL MeF Coordinator, Tavares Mathews said that we should be able to file the e-file ready simple returns now, that it is Proseries choice not to allow any printing until ALL forms are ready potentially 2-21-19. This is preventing filing of returns with a W-2 only and my clients are furious. Mr. Mathews said they have been receiving many irate calls. He said it is not Alabama, it is Proseries who chose to do this. This needs to be addressed right now.

Proseries needs to allow printing of all e-file ready AL forms now!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Non-paid Preparer still charges for state returns

Even though I put "non-paid preparer" on a client file, Proseries still charges in the state return. This was not a problem in the past.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Require a manual input on MD Form PV Extension

Require a manual input on MD Form PV Extension so that batch printed extensions that show a balance due are not automatically transferred to the MD tax return as an extension payment.

The Federal extension Form 4868 requires a manual input to confirm the amount paid with the extension before the payment is transferred to the Federal tax return.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

ProSeries Tax Product Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base

© 2009 Intuit, Inc. All rights reserved. Intuit and QuickBooks are registered trademarks of Intuit, Inc.
Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.