ProSeries Tax Product Suggestions

Use this forum to provide enhancement suggestions for the ProSeries Tax program. Vote for an existing suggestion or enter a new suggestion.

ProSeries is committed to continuously improving our products. Our product management team will review these suggestions and make assessments based on customer needs and our product strategy. Suggestions that will be implemented will be posted on this forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like to have the option to print SLIP SHEET with the CLIENT COPY of the return.

I think it is a time saving and more convenient,
    Why do I need slip sheet for filing copy?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Time Savings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Transfer current year returns to prior years

Allow a current year tax return to be transferred back to prior years. When we have a new client, it would be nice to input them into the current year and then have the data transfer back to the prior years in case we need to complete a prior year return for them also.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Update emailing options to support 64-bit Email Clients

Please provide support for emailing either directly from ProSeries, or give the option to use 64-bit programs to email documents. I use MailBird, and it's a great program - but it's not supported by ProSeries. Please give us the option to email out returns or requests for data.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Automatically email confirmation of eFile and extensions

I am constantly fielding inquires from clients for confirmation of eFiled extensions and/or returns. It would save me a lot of time and improve my customer service to support some method to send an email to the client that their return has been eFiled and accepted, with or with out Form 9325 and also that extensions have been eFiled.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add foreign tax checkbox for taxes under $300/$600

If foreign tax credit is less thank $300 sgl, $600 mfj, have a check box to file the credit without filing Form 1116. Drake software has the election, a real time saver.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Drop down menu printing

When using the print dialogue box and, entering the text to appear for a watermark, it would be a lot easier to have a drop down menu of "COPY" and "DRAFT", rather than having to type it every time it is used.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I suggest allow the individual tax preparer to either extend the 30 minute time out feature or eliminate it all together.

I strongly suggest Pro Series allows the individual tax preparer to determine the length of the program timing out, which is currently 30 minutes. Better yet, allow the programmer to totally eliminate the time out feature. It is especially annoying when one has the current year open along with last year's return open.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am very dissatified with autofill. A lot of my time is lossed on having to re input this when it was supposed to do it for me.

This is a issue for me where I have to spend extra time and money to have this information input. when i got this product it was my impression that i was paying for this service and i am unable to use it in the software. this has been happening for several year and it has become a loss for my business. having to input the whole 1099-R's and W2's over and over again in a cost to me that should not be spent. i think the time has come to find a new software vendor. ProSeries just does not…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ID verification WKS should carry information forward from year to year

ID verification WKS should carry information forward from year to year, for example from 2016 to 2017, it is really annoying to have to look at 2017 so i can enter the exact same information on my 2018 program

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There needs to be a separate security module, so that when we are logged out after 15 minutes, we enter the password once.

We understand that the IRS has set the 15 minutes log-out requirement and that cannot be changed. We also understand the passwords must be complex. However, we feel that the IRS regulations would allow Intuit to create a separate security module. This module would have dominion over all tax years, INCLUDING 2015 and back. It simply makes no sense that we have to enter our passwords 3 times every 15 minutes just to get back into 16, 17, and 18 Proseries. It also makes no sense that we have to jump through all these hopes, but meanwhile, the 2015 program…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please do not put zeros from supporting statements into the current tax year column of the Organizer.

Please do not put zeros from supporting statements into the current tax year column of the Organizer. It takes hours to delete them one by one and they are confusing to clients if left in.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Multiple Schedule E 2-yr Comparison Reports

I suggest you allow PS to have multiple Schedule E 2-yr comparison reports open at the same time so that you can move easily between the reports.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. allow a line for the e mail address on the slip sheet

allow a line for the e mail address on the slip sheet

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. figure a way to have price changes be global when reopening a return. Instead of having to open in every customer to get price changed.

Go back to being able to change the price of a form and have it show the next time you open a customer. Now I have to enter on every customer through tools to get the form pricing to work. I only changed the price of the 1040, but it won't change to customers not opened yet.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please create the capability of providing Organizers for Business Entities.

Providing Organizers for business entities would potentially simplify the input process!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SECTION 199A WORKSHEET

In regards to the QBI Deduction Information worksheet. I suggest that
    it be placed in the Where Do I Enter? to make it easier for the user to find the worksheet because it is located all the way at the bottom of the Schedule C worksheet. Also on line K of that sheet "QBI worksheet to report", I would suggest placing a note after that to tell the user to double click the field which will help the user know what they are supposed to do. Since this QBI deduction is new it will be a time saver if the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Time Savings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Organizer Codes for Letters - it would be great if all fields were available for letter customization

It is helpful to be able to customize engagements but it would be great if all fields were available to insert

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

ProSeries Tax Product Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base

© 2009 Intuit, Inc. All rights reserved. Intuit and QuickBooks are registered trademarks of Intuit, Inc.
Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.