ProSeries Tax Product Suggestions

Use this forum to provide enhancement suggestions for the ProSeries Tax program. Vote for an existing suggestion or enter a new suggestion.

ProSeries is committed to continuously improving our products. Our product management team will review these suggestions and make assessments based on customer needs and our product strategy. Suggestions that will be implemented will be posted on this forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. That a letter or email sent to preparers for the ***** up on Proseries for not having refunds properly recorded

I suggest that a letter or email be sent to preparers who has caused us to redo and amend the bug that was not corrected by the update. State refunds not being recorded properly. You would think in starting over again would be the solution in correcting this error-I thought the software was to save us time. This bug should have corrected with an update instead of having to start all over again and why didn't send an error about it when in review

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Errors/Diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Error on Colorado individual

If the taxable income on the federal return is less than zero the number that negative amount should carry to Line 1 of the Colorado Form 104. Pro series is carrying zero, not the negative number.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Form 3800 Pt 3 Line 1aa preventing efile

When an amount is on Form 3800 Pt 3 Line 1aa Form 1040 cannot be efiled due to the fact that Proseries does not support Form 5884-A. However, I have 45 clients that have this credit as a result of a K-1 passthrough. The individual is not required to file Form 5884-A (the partnership files it) so the individual 1040 is just a number on the line. I don't see any reason why this should prevent efile. I would like to request immediate enhancement on this. Also, would be great if someone can get back to me to tell me…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Errors/Diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Amount on Schedule 4 Line 63 is preventing efile

When an amount is entered on Schedule 4 Line 63 (which must be entered as an override) efile is prevented. I efiled without error checking and it went through but was rejected by the IRS with code F1040-437. Rejection says Form 965-A must be attached. In fact, Form 965-A was prepared manually and ttached as a pdf but IRS is not recognizing that it is attached. Proseries must have a way to attach a pdf to that field or include 965A on the dropdown list so IRS knows the form is attached. It would be great if I can get…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. NJ-1040 Final Review Diagnostic

Remove the diagnostic on NJ Individual NJ-1040 for the requirement to enter the NJ Confirmation if the extension was done online. This confirmation field was removed from NJ-1040 and is only reflected on the NJ-1040NR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Stop the error alert on the entry of W2 info for confirming the state w/h id number.

For those of us who realize it has to be done, it absolutely cripples data entry. Allow it to be an efiling alert.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Either the Date "In Service" or Date "Acquired" within tax year should be sufficient to not cause an error

Currently, if the date in service is past the current year end, the programs throws an error. Placing the date acquired prior to current year end should cancel that error. Here's the problem ... trying to get the company's balance sheet to match the depreciation report generated by ProSeries . My clients sometimes buy and remodel or fix or install an asset in one year and place it in service the next ... but that asset is on the books and ProSeries throws an error. Please adjust this. Under the current programing, I have to uncheck error checking when I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Would like to see an error triggered if dates are entered incorreclty on 1040 Schedule D condensed entry table

Would like to see an error triggered if dates are entered incorreclty on 1040 Schedule D condensed entry table

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Effor/Diagnostics

Form 4868 Application for Automatic Extension of Individual Return: if you show a 0 on line 7 of form 4868 the program doesn't pick it up and doesn't freeze it on line 71 of form 1040. You can file an extension and it will go through, but, I think, that we may have a problem with filing the return in the future. IT department, please, take a look into the issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please find different procedure for reporting program errors.

Please develop different procedures for reporting program errors. Twice this year I have been kept on hold by tech support for over two hours trying to resolve program errors. When I ask if I can hang up the tech says if I hang up the next person in the que comes up and they have to drop my issue. They try to fix program errors while they keep you on the phone. I have meetings, and I need my phone, and I need to work! DO NOT require us to stay on the line to resolve the issue!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Indiana EZ1,2,3 does not print with IT-40 return and does not show up in Print Selected Forms

Please include the EZ1,2,3 in the printing of the INdiana IT-40

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. the heading (firm name, address and telephone number) for individual letters does not show on the client letter

the heading (firm name, address and telephone number) for individual letters does not show on the client letter.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Don't automatically assume and aggregate multiple 199A businesses using QBI Simplified Worksheet

When a taxpayer has both Schedule C and K-1 partnership income, the program assumes their QBIs should be aggregated. In a case where the K-1 ownership is less than the required 50% for aggregation, there should be a box to check (or a field added showing ownership) to not aggregate the QBIs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Revise the error message for line 10 of 1120s, which states a pdf must be attached but does not say a pdf of what

Revise the error message for line 10 of 1120s, which states a pdf must be attached but does not say a pdf of what

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. ohio s corp business form ohio it k1 manual

ohio s corp business form ohio it k1 when manually enter amounts on lines 1a 1b and total line the amount that PRINTS on total line is DIFFERENT then the amount manually entered and shown on monitor display of form. I suggest you fix it . amounts that print should agree to amounts entered.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. On the Client Presentation Bottyom Line, the Effective Tax Rate is displaying a large negative percentage value. Please fix this.

On the Client Presentation Bottyom Line, the Effective Tax Rate is displaying a large negative percentage value. Please fix this

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. please fix the IT-201

Most of the time I input the information to the IT-201 provide by the NYS, there is $1 difference on line 39 and/or 47a. Anyway you guys look into it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Correct the "The Invitation email" Step #3 word error in first bullet item "exists" to "exist". The second bullet "exists" is correct.

Correct the "The Invitation email" Step #3 word error in first bullet item "exists" to "exist". The second bullet item "exists" is correct.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

ProSeries Tax Product Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base

© 2009 Intuit, Inc. All rights reserved. Intuit and QuickBooks are registered trademarks of Intuit, Inc.
Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.