ProSeries Tax Product Suggestions

Use this forum to provide enhancement suggestions for the ProSeries Tax program. Vote for an existing suggestion or enter a new suggestion.

ProSeries is committed to continuously improving our products. Our product management team will review these suggestions and make assessments based on customer needs and our product strategy. Suggestions that will be implemented will be posted on this forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I'm really dissatisfied this year. False advertisement, $19.95 Technology fee clients now have to pay. I've been dealing with Pro Series for

No one let you know there has been a change in the software. If you guys were going to charge a extra fee on top of software you should lower your software price! Here it is I've paid over a $1200. for software and you still want extra money without being sure Tax Professionals are aware of price change within Tax Software

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Defects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. global billing options

For the past 25 plus years "Global Billing Options" has worked fine. We have set it once and it applies to all clients. Now with the 2018 program as one of your tech people said "the 2018 program has been simplified so now you have to click on Caution box in each client to set the settings". Do the people who make these "simplifications" ever work on the program preparing tax returns? When talking with the techs all they can say is "I understand" when a problem is pointed out.
    Please make the program more user friendly.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Defects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Proseries 2018 Invoice is Double Spacing Line Items for Form Charges

Proseries 2018 Invoice is Double Spacing Line Items for Form Charges. This is a big change from all prior years as most invoices will print on two pages now. Please try to eliminate the extra line between Form Charge Items. See attachment.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Defects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The QBI Deduction is auto-calculated in the Tax Planner worksheet.

The QBI Deduction is auto-calculated in the Tax Planner worksheet. It is only calculating based on Schedule C income, not any pass through or Schedule E income. I am having to manually calculate and override the QBI field. Please create an underlying QBI worksheet or make the QBI field a manual entry field like in 2018 tax planner.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sec 199-A Code Z on K-1 for partnership is being allocated based on beginning profit percentage rather than ending profit percentage

The QBI Code Z, Wages Code AA, UBIA Code AB is calculated using the BEGINNING Percentages. BEWARE. The default should be the ENDIING Percentages. This is going to cause a lot of problems.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Defects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. make giving feedback a LOT easier.

When Transfering PRIOR YEAR clients, the GLOBAL BILLING OPTIONS are NOT getting applied.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 199A Deduction at Entity Level for Rental Property

At Form 1120S & 1065 (Entity Level) you should be able indicate that rental property is not qualified trade or business property to prevent the 199A deduction from flowing to Schedule K-1

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Schedule B fields not highlighted after transfer

When the Schedule B is transferred from 2017 to 2018 in proseries, the data fields from the prior year are transferring but the amount field is NOT being highlighted to show that the amount is blank.

Could you please fix the program to reflect that the information that transferred needs to be filled in? It has always done this in the past and is helpful when this shows as an error.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1065 Schedule B-2

How can you think that not having Schedule B-2 in the software is a good idea. Imagine having a partnership with 50 partners. You have to re-key their Names, SS #, etc. Why can you program it in PTO which, according to your SEC filings, is not one of your major tax preparation software and not program it in Pro Series which is listed in the same filing as one of your 2 major tax preparation software programs?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. hire more people. I just waited for an hour and a half to get an answer to a problem with your program. No service. Unacceptable.

You need to hire more people to answer the phone. I just waited for and hour and a half . That's an unacceptable level of service.

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Defects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ohio individual will not allow selection of "non resident" in county box,

ohio individual will not allow selection of "non resident" in county box,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Get a clue - this is seriously a flawed program

Your entire program SUCKS - I've used it for 20 years, and this will be the LAST. You've done NOTHING to improve and EVERYTHING to be more defective that the prior year.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. DC Schedule S, Calculation J, Line D

DC Schedule S, Calculation J, Line D (Input on Subtractions Smart Worksheet, Line G) - For the "Married filing separately on same return" filing status, if you enter an $8,000 deduction for a married couple's 529 Plan contributions on Schedule B, Line 6, the program carries a $4,000 deduction to Column 1 of Schedule S, Calculation J, Line D (Input on Subtractions Smart Worksheet, Line G), and the remaining $4,000 disappears. You are then required to manually enter $4,000 in Column 2, but there is no informational diagnostic about this in the final review.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. State refunds not showing as taxable should have been corrected with update. Caused great deal of trouble for me and client

Should have been corrected with updates then starting all over. Who has time to read every update and if error on your end be corrected with update when corrected. Feel some refund or discount if you use Proseries next year. Caused great deal of extra work with amending returns and look bad for tax preparer. Feel you should write a letter on behalf of preparer to clients and I can send out to them

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add postal barcodes to Slip Sheet

Please add postal barcode capability to Slip Sheet! should not be that hard.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sch. B - Additional interest information error.

Sch. B - Additional interest information won't let me enter exact state dollars in column C, without giving me an error message for the % total in column B. The directions above it says to enter the column B % OR the amount in column C. But when I enter the amounts it gives an error message about the % total in column B.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. review the refund checkbox in the refund worksheet on the 1040

The state refund from 2017 to 2018 is not being properly taxed as the check box in the worksheet is the opposite of what was taken in 2017. If the state taxes were deducted in 2017 the box in the 2018 refund worksheet is being checked with the sales tax and vice versa.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Quick Employer Forms

It won't allow you to delete forms that rely on previous year data. Add a way to delete this data. The error specifically is as follows "This business cannot be deleted because it contains forms from previous year(s)."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

ProSeries Tax Product Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base

© 2009 Intuit, Inc. All rights reserved. Intuit and QuickBooks are registered trademarks of Intuit, Inc.
Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.