I suggest you ...

Refine search platform

Enable searching by phrase, user name, date range.

Enable sorting and filtering results.

249 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LauraD shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Yuliy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And while we are at it, how about a way to subscribe to search results, e.g. as an RSS feed? I'd like to save a search and have a feed URL that would deliver search results as a stream to my reader.

• RustyCannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enable the ability to sort only answered questions. Slogging through a ton of posts asking the same question as I have, all unanswered, is a monumental waste of my time.

• Les commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whenever I want/NEED an answer to a problem, I type in the best possible keywords to get a precise responce. But what do I get? Four (4) and ONLY four (4) 'possible matches' to my inquiry. Most of the time, those four (4) and ONLY four (4) 'possible matches' have nothing (absolutely NOTHING!) to do with what I am trying to figure out!!!

• Debi_Calvet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reinhardtgriffi, what does your question have to do with this discussion, which is about the search function on the Intuit Community?

• QuickBasePros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The advanced search is almost useless because the "post written by" portion is an is or = statement rather than "contains" and unless I happen to know the exact "screen name" of the poster, I cannot find their posts.

• LeCerte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As far as I can tell, there is no way to Search this user voice forum. I type in a word such as "show" and it thinks I want to make a new suggestion. Even though I can see a topic way down the list that has the word "show" in it.

• CCC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search should be made much friendlier in that if I type in choc it should pull up chocolate. It is very picky right now and doesn't help much when we really need to find an item that one clerk calls rabbits vs rabbit

• ocnstiggs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AT LEAST document the use of the keyword "AND", so that people know that they can refine their searches. Returning "please elaborate your query" is almost comical given the limitations of the search function, but at least if they knew about AND they might be able to get some useful results.

Also, fix the input field so that when you click in it to "elaborate your query" it doesn't ERASE what you already have in there.

Maybe allow some way to search for some of the terms that are apparently excluded like - "Find" . Its interesting that it will search for them in a multi-term search, but not as a single term .... again if you know about the keyword "AND" you might be able to construct a multi term search that would give you something useful back.

• whoever commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this should include enabling selection of number of hits displayed per page - this should be way up there way above typos - I'm outta votes, come on ppl~! USABILITY

Feedback and Knowledge Base

© 2009 Intuit, Inc. All rights reserved. Intuit and QuickBooks are registered trademarks of Intuit, Inc.
      Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.